[K-Corner] Talking About Becoming a Monbebe: a MONSTA X TRASH!

Agustus 29, 2017

It's not usual post that I used to write, but it's fun releasing some things make me happy. And the happy thing is, you said it.. a boyband??? Noo.. it's idol group!!! whatever..

They called as Monsta X... sigh... that bunch of boys from bottom part of that Korea peninsula. Again.. Again and again again.. It's so hard to get out from this deep blackhole. Yeah you all can mock me all the way you want... But it won't let me keeping enjoy they underrated thing anyway

So... At first... I disappointed with Bangtan's music since that complicated theories and youth concept stuffs - their music concept is more and more far from what I can enjoy. I don't hate them... They're so hardworking and talented. It's just so frustating for me rooting for them since what they delivered not my cup of tea tune in my ears.. And so much unfortunate push factors I can't spill for world-peace sake.

Actually I really miss the old Bangtan music, back then when they was in emo phase and did yeah-im-so-hep-hap concept XD - it's good thing, I'm still listen to them!

Then.. One fine day... I got really life changing thunderstruck! Attacked by a bunch of boys doing hip hop-mixed-EDM, performed all in black in old building.. I'm totally stuck to their Stuck MV! And then 2nd attack: Hero... 3rd attack: Tresspass.. Magic really happened! Their music... is.. isd.. I directly said... yaaah this is my style!

When talking about stanning an idol group, I consistently judging their music first. Not that because they're good looking, or their face is so soft and all blink-blink-dreamy-flowery-image. It's a bullshit of commonly majority of people who not really into K-Music scene when judging a trash like us.. oh right, maybe, a trash like me -_-

Well for my case.. it's all about songs, album, style, balance harmony and absolutely then completed by their actual live sing/rap and dance coreography. Visual, popularity and anything else followed after. And that's the main reason why I'm become.. yass yall can said it out loud.. MONSTA X TRASH!! Yeaaaah!!



So then the next question, when was I actually slip to them? The answer is when I saw the gif of I.M, winked so witty... (I dont want attach it here... cause its too embarassing XPP)

Like what???? What.. Who are you.. dammit silly witty funny oppa. I choose you! I choose to curious about you.

Yeah the next step I'm transform totally full trash when its comes to the first impression of a person actually. As easy as that I approaching the next trap. But wait.. he's not an oppa, he's a 96 kid. Dammit. He look older, more like 93-95 kid. Maybe that because of his eyes. But I knew it, I knew that I wasn't wrong in choosing a bias. K-POPer since 2010 trough many experiences here. And still loyal stanning this I-am-what-I.M kid till these days..

Further talk time.. why Monsta X? For me..
1. They have dopest jam-able title track! Good music is my number one priority. So far until now they are not disappointing, except the 'Rush' one.. Idk I hate that song and the concept (except the I.M wore short pants and orange tees for Mcountdown performance fancam, cause he's dammit so cute!). I tried checking out their music videos in youtube, and in short time voila surprisingly I got attracted further to them. Simple MV, not too complicated, it's okay it's still have aesthetic side, but their song are completely worth it. It's like a… how do I say it, it's not like that too hip hop or headbanging type, but it's combination of both that really pleasantly banger in balance way.
2. Solid album, finest b-tracks, complete the title track. Their recent album, Beautiful, even got #1 in Billboard. Their b-side tracks have diverse and different mood comparing to their strong beat main title track. Try to take a listen to their album, it's far from boring and exhausting.
3. Their talent for music is solid. But in my opinion, the 'hard carry' of the group songs are Jooheon and Kihyun. I'm amazing by the way Jooheon did tough-boy stage presence and fluently spitting rap in perfectly dopest harsh way, perfect for the strong beat. Sometimes his rap is playing with screaming, laughing and giggling. He made all that noise for hyping up the mood... So yeah, Joohoney, is really entitled for Monsta X dopeness! And about Kihyun.. his vocal is sweet and taste like honey, stand out perfectly blending and balancing the hard beat. Not to powerful, pleasant to hear. I think they both balance each other presence. The others are fine.
4. They have this brave kid, Daniel or I.M aka Changkyun. Using Asian Junkie 'brave kid' term for him because he actually is. HAHA its long way to explain these thing.. And all about this dork - but sometimes with Kihyun-Wonho-Jooheon-Minhyuk, is keep me sticking around to MONSTA X. 'There's a reason why our group call 'Monsta', is his ultimate legend statement (it's really fandom things anyway.. so dig deeper to find that meaning)
5. They are not exaggerating in doing things, funny in balanced and natural way.. I mean it for this. They really entertaining to watch.
6. Their company keeps releasing good stuffs about them (special clip, featured song, reality show)
7. They have (IYKWIM) a bear, a puppy, a frog, a snake. Perfect food ecosystem. And meme provider of course...!
8. Their visual is a perfect package deal: manly and different from each other. Their styling also consistent to flattering each advantage of individual characteristic, and for me, not too much experiment. And MX holy trinity is a bonus... HAHAHA

The flaws about my biasness is that I can't really say about their music lyric, I'm not fluently understanding Korean

And recently, their company keeps pushing the leader, Shownu, but I can't really tell he's good at variety thing. I don't exactly sure about him, because I have ambiguous idea toward him. Idk... All I'm sure about him is he's the definition of big bear. Haha.. As long as they keep releasing good stuff and being out of any controversies, I totally watch out for them. And their Monsta X-Ray release is totally worth to watch!!!

-----

Recommended  main title tracks: Beautiful, All In, Stuck, Shine Forever, Hero, Tresspass (you have watch these with watching the choreography, you'll gonna get stronger attach impact!)
Recommended b-side tracks - calm side: Need U, Because of U, Roller Coaster, All I Do, Last Page, Ex Girl, 백설탕 (White Sugar), 하얀소녀 (White Love), Amen
Recommended b-side tracks - dope side: Interstellar, Oi!, Calm Down, Blind, Be Quiet
Favorite choreography: All in, Beautiful, Shine Forever

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Berkomentarlah, sebelum berkomentar itu dilarang

follow me on Instagram